Three Cities I love
Mumbai
In my life if i ever experienced love at first sight then it will be with Mumbai. This city is full of life. If you like living life in fast lane then Mumbai is the city for you. Here you find people from all over the country. There is always something more to do and there is something for everyone - from a walk down marine drive to partying to sight seeing. It is a city where you cant get bored. Its difficult to stand still here. There is always someone behind you who is in a hurry to get somewhere. Here, you work hard and party harder. In Mumbai people expect the things (products and services) to be the best and are not satisfied with mediocrity. The food meets this standard. Although am not a personal fan of vda pau but the street food is perfect. You find good find on the streets, in average restaraunts and in expensive elite hotels. Same goes for shopping. Everywhere you look you see colour, people and activity. In this city life flashes past you in a mermerizing display leaving you stunned and overwhelmed. Mumbai gave me a much needed 'breath of fresh hair' (in the only way this city can). I felt as if I have been again, anew in this city. But what I love most about the city is the freedom (if u ignore the Hindu brigade of coz).
Kolkata
In Kolkata life is slow and steady. You work but slowly and peacefully. There is no rush to complete anything. You enjoy your life with leisure, sleep and food. On a Sunday everyone sits back at home and the only sign on life is on restaraunts. Food is great and cheap. This city has culture and a particular identity of its own. From Victorian Memorial to small temples - all speak about the identity of the people in this city. At the same time it accepts you without imposing its own cultural standards. I like the philosophy of live and let live. In the same park you can find families as well as couples. This is the city where you should setlle in if you are a romantic at heart. Its got a mix of love, culture and philosphy in the air. Things which are very important in this city are - food, sleep, football, smoking and Bengali language, dresses etc. You can see why so many poets and authors are from this city.
Delhi
Delhi is in my blood, soul and thoughts. I am Delhi. To the outsiders Delhi is same as Punjabi culture and Delhihites are loud, show-offs and arrogant. But having lived in the city I know that what people outside I can see is a prominent but still just a part of Delhi. Hidden behind this smokescreen are people from all parts of the country. In fact till some years back different areas in Delhi had a different culture depending on the dominant population. I love Delhi food. In Delhi there is variety and spice in food and in life. You can find the most stunning old architecture, beautiful parks, nice crowded markets and a little bit of everything else. You also have metro, posh restaraunts and hep markets. I am told quite often I am not a proper Delhihite but I am more of Delhihite than proper Delhihites. I have seen all parts and all shades of this city which keeps surprising me. If I think about it I have been made by Delhi which is why I like everything from roadside dhabba to a five star, from stroll on street to a formal dinner at an expersive restaraunt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home